Morphological and Growth Characters of Andromonoecious Jatropha curcas
- Dr Dasumiati, Mr Miftahudin, Ms Triadiati, Hartana A
- Corresponding Author
- Dr Dasumiati
Available Online August 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.29How to use a DOI?
- Branching, Hermaphrodite, Male, Sex determination
- Jatropha (Jatropha curcas L.) is a potential plant for producing seed oil as a source for biodiesel. Generally, the plant is monoecious, but in some cases andromonoecious Jatropha was also found. Andromonoecious Jatropha produced hermaphrodite and male flowers in the same inflorescence. The objective of this research was to analyze some specific characters of andromonoecious Jatropha and compared the characters to monoecious Jatropha. The observation was conducted on Dompu accession that has sex type of andromonoecious and monoeciouss. The specific character that could distinguish andromonoecious and monoecious Jatropha were the number of branch, branch angle, the distance between nodes, the number of inflorescences per plant, fruit set, and seed weight per plant. Andromonoecious Jatropha had higher number of branch, inflorescences per plant, fruit set, and seed weight than monoecious Jatropha. Andromonoecious Jatropha’s growth was similar to monoecious Jatropha, except for the formation of branches and flower. Andromonoecious Jatropha formed branches faster than monoecious, but formed flowers later than monoecious Jatropha.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dr Dasumiati AU - Mr Miftahudin AU - Ms Triadiati AU - Hartana A PY - 2017/08 DA - 2017/08 TI - Morphological and Growth Characters of Andromonoecious Jatropha curcas BT - International Conference on Science and Technology (ICOSAT 2017) - Promoting Sustainable Agriculture, Food Security, Energy, and Environment Through Science and Technology for Development PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.29 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosat-17.2018.29 ID - Dasumiati2017/08 ER -