The Effect of Ageratum conyzoides L on Hepatocellular Carcinoma Rats Induced by DMBA based on In Vivo-In Silico Study
- Heni Ratnasari, Aulia Rahma, Rifki Febriansah
- Corresponding Author
- Heni Ratnasari
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.1How to use a DOI?
- Ageratum comyzoides L., DMBA, hepatocellular carcinoma, in silico, in vivo
- Liver cancer is the second most common cause of cancer deaths worldwide. Treatment that has been carried out was chemotherapy which has many disadvantages. Bandotan Herb (Ageratum conyzoides L.) containing flavonoid compounds was used as chemopreventive agents. This research was experimental study using molecular docking test of nobiletin compounds against VEGF, COX-2 and C-Myc compared to 5Fluorouracil. Carcinogenic test required 20 mice tails to be divided into 5 feeding groups. Induction was conducted on a per-oral using CMC-Na 0.5% 1 ml/200 gram, DMBA 20 mg/kg BW and BHCF at a dose of 750 mg/kg BW and 1500 mg/kg BW. DMBA was injected 2 times a week for 5 weeks. Histological observation was carried out using Immunohistochemistry and Haematoxylin-Eosin. TLC stated that BHCF contained flavonoid as a secondary metabolites. Molecular docking proved that nobiletin was better in inhibiting the expression of VEGF with an affinity value -7.6 kcal/mol. Induction of DMBA caused moderate over-expression of VEGF against liver tissue. Histologically, the introduction of BHCF at a dose of 1500 mg/kg BW provides better improvement degrees of histology than 750 mg/kg BW. The presence of flavonoid can be used as chemopreventive agents for liver cancer based on in silico and in vivo assay
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Heni Ratnasari AU - Aulia Rahma AU - Rifki Febriansah PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Effect of Ageratum conyzoides L on Hepatocellular Carcinoma Rats Induced by DMBA based on In Vivo-In Silico Study BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.1 ID - Ratnasari2019/10 ER -