Fraction From Rice Bran Oil Using Ultrasonic Methods and Analysis Of Antioxidant Effectiveness
- Alif Gita Arumsari, Alif Arumsari, Ratri ariatmi Nugrahani, Tri yuni Hendrawati
- Corresponding Author
- Alif Gita Arumsari
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.9How to use a DOI?
- Extraction, Ferulic Acid, Phenolic, Rice Bran, Ultrasonic.
- Rice (Oryza sativa) is one of the main cereals in the world, especially in Asian countries. Rice bran, one of the byproducts of rice dehulling, has gained a lot of popularity as a functional foodstuff in recent years. The purpose of this study was to extract Ferulic Acid from the phenolic fraction of rice bran oil using the ultrasonic method, followed by antioxidant effectiveness analyses. Oil was extracted from rice bran using the ultrasonic method in an ethanol solvent. The result was analyzed for phenol yields, and contents and the variables tested include concentrations and volumes of ethanol. Furthermore, Antioxidant effectiveness tests were carried out on the highest yields of FA. The results showed the highest yield, 24%, was achieved at an ethanol concentration of 80%, the volume of 200 ml, and 25 grams of rice bran. The ferulic acid content in the phenolic fraction of rice bran oil was 10-20% with the highest Antioxidant Effectiveness of 10.71%.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Alif Gita Arumsari AU - Alif Arumsari AU - Ratri ariatmi Nugrahani AU - Tri yuni Hendrawati PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - Fraction From Rice Bran Oil Using Ultrasonic Methods and Analysis Of Antioxidant Effectiveness BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.9 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.9 ID - Arumsari2019/10 ER -