The Effectiveness of The Use of Cervical Cancer Prevention Guideline Book on Women Participation in Visual Inspection with Acetic acid (VIA)
- Ana Nisak, Atun Wigati, Zaenal Fanani, Noor Cholifah
- Corresponding Author
- Ana Nisak
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.19How to use a DOI?
- Guideline book, VIA Participation
- Cervical cancer is the second leading cause of death for women in the world after breast cancer. It is estimated that every 40-45 new cases occur and around 20-25 people die due to cervical cancer. In Kudus , the coverage of early detection of cervical cancer by the VIA method is only 2% of the number of women aged 30-50 years. This study aims to determine the effectiveness of health promotion and guidebook on the early detection of cervical cancer as an effort to increase the participation in women's VIA examination. This study was quasi-experimental with the design of the pretest posttest non equvialent control, The samples as many as 66 respondents were divided into two groups selected taken using consecutive sampling technique. Later on, the data were analyzed using McNemar and Chi Square tests. The results showed McNemar test results in the intervention group found there was an increase in knowledge and participation in the VIA examination compared to the control group. Obtained differences between the intervention group and the control group using the Chi Square test with the p value of 0.003. Providing health promotion and guidebooks for early detection of cervical cancer are very effective in increasing the knowledge and women participation of VIA examinations in Mejobo Subdistrict, Kudus Regency.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ana Nisak AU - Atun Wigati AU - Zaenal Fanani AU - Noor Cholifah PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Effectiveness of The Use of Cervical Cancer Prevention Guideline Book on Women Participation in Visual Inspection with Acetic acid (VIA) BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.19 ID - Nisak2019/10 ER -