The Effect of Hydrotherapy on Blood Pressure of The Hypertensive Patients in Public Hospital of RA. Kartini Jepara
- Dewi Hartinah, Andy Sofyan, Siswanto, Ahmad Syafiq
- Corresponding Author
- Dewi Hartinah
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.22How to use a DOI?
- blood pressure, hydrotherapy, hypertension
- Hypertension as a cardiovascular disease with a worldwide cases estimate of 1.39 billion in 2016. RA Kartini Jepara General Hospital in 2015 recorded a total of cases of essential hypertension and other hypertension, as many as 464 among 24,674 cases of non-contagious diseases in the community health centers and hospitals throughout jepara distric. There are some complementary therapies to control and reduce high blood pressure, I.e Warm hydrotherapy is the use of warm water at a temperature of around 40.50 – 43.0 °C. The objective of this research is to know the effect of hydrotherapy on the blood pressure of hypertension patients in the public hospital of RA Kartini Jepara. The research is a quasi experiment with pre-test and post-test administered to non-equivalent control group. There were 20 hypertension patients involved in the research chosen using purposive sampling technique. The respondents in the intervention group were given ±15 minutes hydrotherapy 1 time a day in 5 days, while the respondents in the control group were not given any therapy for 5 days. The instruments of the research were spigmomanometer of mercury and observation sheets. The data was analyzed using parametric statistic of Paired-Samples T Test and Independent-Samples T Test. The results of the research reveal that there is the effect of hydrotherapy on blood pressure, with a difference in the average decrease of systolic blood pressure of 19,000 mmHg and diastolic 4,000 mmHg, with ρ-value of 0.000 for systolic and ρ-value of 0.0443 for diastolic. The researchers conclude that hydrotherapy affects the blood pressure of hyppertensive patients in the public hospital of RA Kartini Jepara.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dewi Hartinah AU - Andy Sofyan AU - Siswanto AU - Ahmad Syafiq PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Effect of Hydrotherapy on Blood Pressure of The Hypertensive Patients in Public Hospital of RA. Kartini Jepara BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.22 ID - Hartinah2019/10 ER -