The Effectiveness of Clinical Instructor Behavior on Competence Achievement of Midwifery Clinical Practices
- Noor Azizah, Ummi Kulsum, Yulisetyaningrum, Sri Karyati
- Corresponding Author
- Noor Azizah
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.24How to use a DOI?
- Clinical Instructor, Achievement of Competence
- Midwifery clinical learning for midwifery students aims to improve their knowledge, skills and attitude. Clinical learning methods then provide experiences for students to learn in real cases. The role of Clinical instructors in cultivating students’ competences is very important to obtain the expected competences. The role of Clinical instructors in cultivating students’ competences is very important to obtain the expected competences. The purpose of this study was to determine the relationship between the behavior of clinical instructors and the achievement of competence in the topic of pregnancy and childbirth in midwifery clinic practice.This study was descriptive research in nature. The population of this study was 41 midwifery students and total sampling was employed to collect the data. The result of this study showed that CI behavior in guiding clinical practice could be categorized as good category with 66% and moderate category which was accounted for 34%.Furthermore, the achievement of pregnancy competencies fell into good category with 56% and moderate category with 44%. In terms of labor competence achievement, good category was achieved by 44% and moderate category was 56%.Therefore, it can be concluded that there was relationship between the behavior of Clinical Instructors and the achievement of pregnancy competencies (0.001 < 0.05), and there is a relationship between Clinical Instructors behavior and labor competencies (0.006 <0.05). CI was expected to be able to assist and guide students and thus clinical learning goals could be achieved optimally.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Noor Azizah AU - Ummi Kulsum AU - Yulisetyaningrum AU - Sri Karyati PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Effectiveness of Clinical Instructor Behavior on Competence Achievement of Midwifery Clinical Practices BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.24 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.24 ID - Azizah2019/10 ER -