Identification of Modifiable Risk Factors of Hypertension Among Undergraduate Students
- Ambar Relawati, Mayasari, Yanti Auliyantika
- Corresponding Author
- Ambar Relawati
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.36How to use a DOI?
- Hypertension Risk Factors, Student.
- Hypertension is a major health problem. High prevalence of hypertension contributes to an increase risk of cardiovascular disease which is the first cause of death in the world. In relation to students, they also have risk, such as smoking, consuming alcohol, consuming coffee, stress, consuming high-salt foods, lack of exercise and obesity, so the students have risk factors of hypertension. The aim of this study was to identify modifiable risk factors of hypertension among the undergraduate students of Universitas Muhammadiyah Yogyakarta (UMY). This research used descriptive research method. The sample of this research was 398 students chosen through random sampling method. The data were collected through questionnaire regarding information on stress high natrium diet, exercise habit, alcohol consumption and smooking behavior. The data analysis was done by using frequency distribution program. The results show that the respondents have at risk in hypertension for obesity (10.1%), smoking behavior (19.1%), alcohol consumption (1.8%), coffee consumption (34.4%), excessive salt food consumption (81.4%), stress (81.2%), and exercise habits (74.4%).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ambar Relawati AU - Mayasari AU - Yanti Auliyantika PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - Identification of Modifiable Risk Factors of Hypertension Among Undergraduate Students BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.36 ID - Relawati2019/10 ER -