The Application of Revised Trauma Score Assessment System for Trauma Patient in Emergency Department of PKU Muhammadiyah Bantul Hospital
- Azizah Khoiriyati, Al Afik
- Corresponding Author
- Azizah Khoiriyati
Available Online October 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.38How to use a DOI?
- Emergency Department, Revised Trauma Score, Trauma Patient
- Nurses in the Emergency department of PKU Muhammadiyah Bantul Hospital do not have the instruments to conduct trauma assessments to injured patients. The Rapid Trauma Score (RTS) is an instrument for assessing quickly and precisely cases of injury or trauma. RTS is considered easy and simple for trauma scoring and can effectively assess trauma prognosis. The main purpose of the study was to evaluate the implementation of RTS for trauma patients in the Emergency department of PKU Muhammadiyah Hospital, Bantul. This study was a descriptive analytic study. Data were collected from purposive sampling patients who were admitted in the Emergency department of PKU Muhammadiyah Bantul hospital in July-August 2018 with total of 31 patients and 12 nurses. The instrument of this study consisted of an observation sheet for the assessment of the RTS and an RTS needed identification questionaire. The data analysis used descriptive analysis. Results: 83.4% of nurses at PKU Muhammadiyah Bantul Hospital said they needed a tool to assess trauma cases in the Emergency department. In addition, the age of patients with trauma in the Emergency department at PKU Muhammadiyah Bantul Hospital was 38.7% of them aged 40-65 years, 25.8% of the patients suffered from minor head injury, the highest trauma score was 16 (67.7%), the lowest trauma score was 7 (3.2%) and 9.7% of the patients were referred to the tertiery hospital. RTS is considered as easy and simple for trauma scoring and can effectively assess trauma prognosis.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Azizah Khoiriyati AU - Al Afik PY - 2019/10 DA - 2019/10 TI - The Application of Revised Trauma Score Assessment System for Trauma Patient in Emergency Department of PKU Muhammadiyah Bantul Hospital BT - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.38 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.38 ID - Khoiriyati2019/10 ER -