Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019)

Islamic Nursing Care Implementation: A Descriptive Study

Authors
Novita Sari, Baiq Putri, Khabib Mustofa, Rahmah Kusuma, Dany Ardiyan, Abriati Rahayu
Corresponding Author
Novita Sari
Available Online October 2019.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.56How to use a DOI?
Keywords
Islamic nursing care, implementation, Islamic care, nurse.
Abstract
Patients, particularly those who are Muslims have the right to obtain nursing care according to their values and beliefs. Nevertheless, in its implementation, those patients commonly have not yet received the care that they supposedly receive. Nurses who work in the hospitals that embrace Islamic values as their fundamental pillars of the health care deliveries, have not been able to implement the Islamic nursing care optimally. If the patients didn’t get comprehensive nursing care, including Islamic care, so they are will not heal well. Therefore, the aim of this study is to explore the Islamic nursing care delivery in hospital. A cross-sectional design was chosen to investigate the research question. A proportional sampling technique was used to approach the participants resulting a total of 51 nurses who work in in-patient units participated in the study. A checklist which had been validated was used to collect the data on the Islamic nursing care. This instrument consisted of 23 statements measuring nurse practice in Islamic nursing care. More than half of the nurses (64.7%) demonstrated insufficient level of the Islamic nursing care implementation, meanwhile, the rest (35.3%) were identified to have good level of implementation. The study indicated that not all nurses have implemented the Islamic nursing care optimally. In order to improve the nurse performance, it is suggested to supervise the implementation of the Islamic nursing care in the hospital.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.

Download article (PDF)

Proceedings
Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019)
Part of series
Advances in Health Sciences Research
Publication Date
October 2019
ISBN
978-94-6252-814-7
ISSN
2468-5739
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.56How to use a DOI?
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Novita Sari
AU  - Baiq Putri
AU  - Khabib Mustofa
AU  - Rahmah Kusuma
AU  - Dany Ardiyan
AU  - Abriati Rahayu
PY  - 2019/10
DA  - 2019/10
TI  - Islamic Nursing Care Implementation: A Descriptive Study
BT  - Third International Conference on Sustainable Innovation 2019 – Health Science and Nursing (IcoSIHSN 2019)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 261
EP  - 264
SN  - 2468-5739
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.56
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/icosihsn-19.2019.56
ID  - Sari2019/10
ER  -