Image denoising algorithm via spatially adaptive bilateral filtering
- Min Qi, Zuofeng Zhou, Jing Liu, Jianzhong Cao
- Corresponding Author
- Min Qi
Available Online April 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.82How to use a DOI?
- Image denoising, Bilateral filtering, Spatially Adaptive, Local statistics characteristic
- The classical bilateral filtering algorithm is a non-linear and non-iterative image denoising method in spatial domain which utilizes the spatial information and the intensity information between a point and its neighbors to smooth the noisy images while preserving edges well. To further improve the image denoising performance, a spatially adaptive bilateral filtering image deonoising algorithm with low computational complexity is proposed. The proposed algorithm takes advantage of the local statistics characteristic of the image signal to better preserve the edges or textures while suppressing the noise. Experiment results show that the proposed image denoising algorithm achieves better performance than the classical bilateral filtering image denoising method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Min Qi AU - Zuofeng Zhou AU - Jing Liu AU - Jianzhong Cao PY - 2013/04 DA - 2013/04 TI - Image denoising algorithm via spatially adaptive bilateral filtering BT - 2nd International Conference On Systems Engineering and Modeling (ICSEM-13) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.82 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icsem.2013.82 ID - Qi2013/04 ER -