Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Sport Science, Health, and Physical Education (ICSSHPE 2019)

Education and Training of Volleyball Information System (VIS FIVB) Based Volleyball Playing Performance Assessment Program for Volleyball Coaches in West Java, Indonesia

Authors
Yunyun Yudiana, Suherman Slamet, Burhan Hambali
Corresponding Author
Yunyun Yudiana
Available Online 19 February 2020.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/ahsr.k.200214.087How to use a DOI?
Keywords
education and training, volleyball information system, volleyball
Abstract

This program aimed to build and stabilize knowledge, understanding, and skill of volleyball coaches in applying volleyball information system (VIS) based volleyball playing performance assessment program. As much as 40 volleyball coaches were participated in this program that were spread in 24 Cities or Districts in West Java. The outcomes of this program were; (1) Instrument model which could be applied by volleyball coaches to measure athlete’s capability when facing VIS based competition; (2) Coaches who have knowledge, understanding, and skill in analysing athlete’s performance while playing with VIS based performance assessment program; (3) Coaches who have knowledge, understanding, and skill in interpreting data of VIS based performance assessment for this could be a good feedback for the athlete’s performance. After holding training, the results showed that in general, coaches got enlightenment about assessment process while playing volleyball using VIS software. About 60% of the participants had not known about VIS based assessment process and the rest 40% of the participants had known the VIS based assessment process yet still not able to apply it with VIS software. Therefore, the conclusion of this submission program was that it gave affect positively on the knowledge and understanding of the coaches in assessing the athletes’ skills while playing. Thus, it is expected to having the ability to analyse the data from assessment to become a meaningful feedback for every student, athlete, and even for coach.

Copyright
© 2020, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).

Download article (PDF)

Volume Title
Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Sport Science, Health, and Physical Education (ICSSHPE 2019)
Series
Advances in Health Sciences Research
Publication Date
19 February 2020
ISBN
978-94-6252-908-3
ISSN
2468-5739
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/ahsr.k.200214.087How to use a DOI?
Copyright
© 2020, the Authors. Published by Atlantis Press.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Yunyun Yudiana
AU  - Suherman Slamet
AU  - Burhan Hambali
PY  - 2020
DA  - 2020/02/19
TI  - Education and Training of Volleyball Information System (VIS FIVB) Based Volleyball Playing Performance Assessment Program for Volleyball Coaches in West Java, Indonesia
BT  - Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Sport Science, Health, and Physical Education (ICSSHPE 2019)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 327
EP  - 329
SN  - 2468-5739
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/ahsr.k.200214.087
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/ahsr.k.200214.087
ID  - Yudiana2020
ER  -