Proceedings of the International Conference on Science and Technology (ICST 2018)

Study of Kana (Canna sp) and Butterfly (Bauhinia purpurea) Plants as Leading Absorbents (Pb)

Authors
Sunu Kuntjoro, Fida Rachmadiarti
Corresponding Author
Fida Rachmadiarti
Available Online December 2018.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/icst-18.2018.18How to use a DOI?
Keywords
Lead; Chlorophyll; Cana sp; Bauhinia purpurea
Abstract
According to the Environment Project Agency (2007), about 25% of lead (Pb) remains in the engine and the other 75% will pollute the air as exhaust fumes. Kana (Cana sp) and Butterfly plant (Bahuinia purpurea) are plants that are suitable for the needs of urban forest plants. Studies related to the potential of these two plants in absorbing heavy metals have not been many. The objectives of this research were to: evaluate the ability of Pb accumulation on Kana and Butterfly leaves exposed to motor vehicle emissions on jalan Ahmad Yani, Diponegoro and Wiyung, Surabaya, Analyze the relationship between lead Pb accumulated in Kana and butterfly leaves with chlorophyll content produced. The results of the study on Lead (Pb) levels on the leaves of Bauhinia and Canna exposed to motor vehicle emissions on some of the highest roads in Surabaya are Bauhinia plants (0.834 ± 0.108). Ahmad Yani Street found a lot of Pb exposure in leaves 0.908 ± 0.011 mg / L Bauhinia leaves higher than Canna leaves, which amounted to 34.677 ± 2.663 mg / l for Bauhinia leaves and 16.733 ± 2.913 mg / l for Canna leaves. Cana and Butterfly can accumulate Pb in leaves. The type of plant does not affect the Pb levels in the leaves of Kana and Butterfly, but the planting location affects the Pb levels of both plants. The levels of Pb in the leaves of the two plants planted on jalan Ahmad Yani and Diponegoro are higher than those planted on the Wiyung road. Pd levels in leaves do not affect chlorophyll levels
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.

Download article (PDF)

Volume Title
Proceedings of the International Conference on Science and Technology (ICST 2018)
Series
Atlantis Highlights in Engineering
Publication Date
December 2018
ISBN
978-94-6252-650-1
ISSN
2589-4943
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/icst-18.2018.18How to use a DOI?
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Sunu Kuntjoro
AU  - Fida Rachmadiarti
PY  - 2018/12
DA  - 2018/12
TI  - Study of Kana (Canna sp) and Butterfly (Bauhinia purpurea) Plants as Leading Absorbents (Pb)
BT  - Proceedings of the International Conference on Science and Technology (ICST 2018)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 83
EP  - 87
SN  - 2589-4943
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/icst-18.2018.18
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/icst-18.2018.18
ID  - Kuntjoro2018/12
ER  -