The Green Practitioner: A decision-making tool for green ICT
- Karl Lundfall, Paola Grosso, Patricia Lago, Giuseppe Procaccianti
- Corresponding Author
- Karl Lundfall
Available Online September 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-env-15.2015.9How to use a DOI?
- Green ICT practices; Knowledge dissemination; Decision support system
- The environmental impact of ICT represents an increasing concern for modern society. Despite that, we still witness a lack of awareness from the ICT industry regarding their carbon footprint. In particular, practitioners lack knowledge and tools to perform informed decision-making in the area of Green ICT. Moreover, best practices for Green ICT are usually conceived and applied in-house. This prevents them from being generalized and shared with the community. In this paper, we present a web-based tool that tackles both needs: on one hand, the tool enables practitioners (i.e. agents) to browse a number of Green ICT solutions and calculate their estimated impact if applied to their organization, through customized parameters. On the other hand, the tool also provides a creation interface for contributors who want to generalize and share their own Green ICT practices. In addition, we foresee that the data generated by the usage of the tool will provide useful insights and trends regarding the adoption of Green ICT and its effectiveness on reducing CO2 emissions.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Karl Lundfall AU - Paola Grosso AU - Patricia Lago AU - Giuseppe Procaccianti PY - 2015/09 DA - 2015/09 TI - The Green Practitioner: A decision-making tool for green ICT BT - EnviroInfo and ICT for Sustainability 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-env-15.2015.9 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-env-15.2015.9 ID - Lundfall2015/09 ER -