Investigation into the slow adoption of retrofitting - What are the barriers and drivers to retrofitting, and how can ICT help
- Christopher Weeks, Charles Delalonde, Chris Preist
- Corresponding Author
- Christopher Weeks
Available Online September 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-env-15.2015.37How to use a DOI?
- Retrofitting, Green Deal, Customer Engagement, Energy Efficiency Measures, ICT
- In this paper we explore a number of reasons for the slow adoption of energy efficiency measures by householders. We use primary research collected over a two month longitudinal trial to define a number of the core barriers and drivers to retrofitting. The trial logged participants who were interested in energy efficiency measures but were still undecided about whether to install them or not. We conclude the paper by supplying a number of recommendations about how ICT can be used to help remove the barriers and enhance the drivers during this critical decision period.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Christopher Weeks AU - Charles Delalonde AU - Chris Preist PY - 2015/09 DA - 2015/09 TI - Investigation into the slow adoption of retrofitting - What are the barriers and drivers to retrofitting, and how can ICT help BT - EnviroInfo and ICT for Sustainability 2015 PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-env-15.2015.37 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ict4s-env-15.2015.37 ID - Weeks2015/09 ER -