Fuzzy Descriptors based on Color, Coarseness, Directionality and Contrast for Image Retrieval
- José M. Soto-Hidalgo, Pedro Manuel Martínez-Jiménez, Jesus Chamorro-Martínez
- Corresponding Author
- José M. Soto-Hidalgo
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.33How to use a DOI?
- Fuzzy Descriptor, color modelling, texture modelling, quantified sentences, retrieval.
- In this paper the concept of fuzzy descriptor as a level-two fuzzy set to represent some visual features is proposed. In particular, a fuzzy descriptor based on the dominance of color and texture features is defined and applied to image retrieval. For this purpose, the color and texture are modelled using fuzzy sets, taking into account the imprecision related to these visual features. In addition, the dominance is defined on the basis of a nondecreasing fuzzy quantifier, and the degree of dominance is calculated by means of quantified sentences evaluation. Finally, comparison measures between fuzzy descriptors are presented, and the proposed descriptors and measures are illustrated in image retrieval examples.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - José M. Soto-Hidalgo AU - Pedro Manuel Martínez-Jiménez AU - Jesus Chamorro-Martínez PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - Fuzzy Descriptors based on Color, Coarseness, Directionality and Contrast for Image Retrieval BT - 2015 Conference of the International Fuzzy Systems Association and the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (IFSA-EUSFLAT-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.33 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.33 ID - Soto-Hidalgo2015/06 ER -