Record linkage using fuzzy sets for detecting suspicious financial ransactions
- Sezi Cevik Onar, Basar Öztaysi, Cengiz Kahraman
- Corresponding Author
- Sezi Cevik Onar
Available Online June 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.36How to use a DOI?
- Record linkage, financial transactions, fuzzy distance, hesitant fuzzy sets, intuitionistic fuzzy sets.
- Identifying suspicious financial transactions and linking relevant records is an important data related problem. An appropriate identification may improve fraud detec-tion and international security. The main problems in this linking process are the missing data, errors in the entries or out of date entries. This study aims at devel-oping an efficient method for identifying the suspicious transactions. This proposed methodology compares the information provided in the financial transactions with the black lists, and links similar entries. Different dis-tance measures, including extensions of fuzzy sets can be used with the proposed method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sezi Cevik Onar AU - Basar Öztaysi AU - Cengiz Kahraman PY - 2015/06 DA - 2015/06 TI - Record linkage using fuzzy sets for detecting suspicious financial ransactions BT - 2015 Conference of the International Fuzzy Systems Association and the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (IFSA-EUSFLAT-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ifsa-eusflat-15.2015.36 ID - CevikOnar2015/06 ER -