Optimization Design and Simulation Analysis of Booms System of High-Branch Pruning Machine
- Jin Yuan, Xuemei Liu, Yanfu Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Jin Yuan
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.33How to use a DOI?
- boom system; parametric design; dynamics simulation analysis
- In order to design a rational and lighter booms system of the High-Branch pruning forestry machine and improve the stability, this paper mainly studies three aspects about the boom system of the High-Branch pruning forestry machine: parametric design, physical modeling and dynamic simulation. Firstly, this paper built the parameter model of the boom system by using the dynamics analysis software ADAMS of mechanical system. And this paper did the optimization design of the boom system. In the optimization design, the first manipulator of the boom system was taken as the research subject, minimizing the driving force of drive cylinder was taken as the optimization goal, the panel point's positions were taken as optimization variables, and the actual working conditions of the boom system were taken as certain constraints. The optimization result was that: the driving force of drive cylinder was reduced by 38.3% at most than before. Secondly, this paper built the model of the boom system by using the software of Solidworks, imported the model into ADAMS in the parasolid format, did dynamics simulation analysis, and thus obtain the load curve of fluid cylinders. This paper designs a better boom structure which can satisfy requirements of structural strength and stability. In addition, this paper provides a complete procedure including preliminary design, dynamic analysis.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jin Yuan AU - Xuemei Liu AU - Yanfu Chen PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Optimization Design and Simulation Analysis of Booms System of High-Branch Pruning Machine BT - 6th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.33 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.33 ID - Yuan2016/11 ER -