Importance of Production Environments When Applying Industry 4.0 to Production Logistics - A Multiple Case Study
- Jo Wessel Strandhagen, Erlend Alfnes, Jan Ola Strandhagen, Natalia Swahn
- Corresponding Author
- Jo Wessel Strandhagen
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.45How to use a DOI?
- Industry 4.0; Production Logistics; Production Environment
- Manufacturing companies are now on the move towards the fourth industrial revolution, Industry 4.0. It is driven by rapid technological developments and the need for industrial actors make oneself independent of high labor costs. Industry 4.0 concerns several aspects of industrial production, including production logistics. The purpose of this paper is to investigate what are the key elements of Industry 4.0 that are related to production logistics, and how the production environment influence the applicability of these elements. This is done through a multiple case study of four Norwegian manufacturing companies. The findings from the study indicate that the applicability of the elements of Industry 4.0 related to production logistics are dependent on the production environment.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jo Wessel Strandhagen AU - Erlend Alfnes AU - Jan Ola Strandhagen AU - Natalia Swahn PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Importance of Production Environments When Applying Industry 4.0 to Production Logistics - A Multiple Case Study BT - 6th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.45 ID - Strandhagen2016/11 ER -