Investigating the Application of Systems Engineering to the Design of Manufacturing Systems
- Pascal Hofmann, Cecilia Haskins
- Corresponding Author
- Pascal Hofmann
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.50How to use a DOI?
- Manufacturing system design, product quality, responsiveness, stakeholders, systems engineering
- The increasing complexity of manufacturing systems in highly competitive environments motivates the need for refinement of the design of manufacturing systems. The application of systems engineering is still undeveloped in some industries, but the potential benefits are substantial. However, there exists a chasm between the theory and practice of systems engineering applied to the design of manufacturing systems and existing lack of information sharing among organizations to enable right first time practices. To close this gap, the authors suggest systems engineering methods for supporting and enabling more effective and efficient design of manufacturing systems.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Pascal Hofmann AU - Cecilia Haskins PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Investigating the Application of Systems Engineering to the Design of Manufacturing Systems BT - 6th International Workshop of Advanced Manufacturing and Automation PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.50 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iwama-16.2016.50 ID - Hofmann2016/11 ER -