Volume 2, Issue 2, April 2014, Pages 91 - 99
On a Drawing-Frequency based Layered Canvas Mechanism for Collaborative Paper Editing Support Systems
- Shinya Katayama, Takushi Goda, Shun Shiramatsu, Tadachika Ozono, Toramatsu Shintani
- Corresponding Author
- Shinya Katayama
Available Online 1 April 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.2.3How to use a DOI?
- Drawing-Frequency, Layered Canvas, CollaborativeWeb Application, Synchronization
- We propose a Drawing-Frequency based Layered (DFL) Canvas approach to reduce a synchronization delay in collaborative web applications. The synchronization delay consists of a network delay and a drawing delay. The network delay is well-argued topic by various researches. We focus on the drawing delay, which is a primary bottleneck of Canvas objects synchronizations. We introduce the DFL Canvas approach in order to solve the drawing problem. The DFL Canvas divides Canvas objects by drawingfrequency. We implemented a collaborative paper editing support system with the DFL Canvas. Users can edit the same document and share Canvas objects on papers in real-time on web browsers. We present an evaluation result that indicates the approach is suited for collaborative paper editing support systems.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Shinya Katayama AU - Takushi Goda AU - Shun Shiramatsu AU - Tadachika Ozono AU - Toramatsu Shintani PY - 2014 DA - 2014/04 TI - On a Drawing-Frequency based Layered Canvas Mechanism for Collaborative Paper Editing Support Systems JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 91 EP - 99 VL - 2 IS - 2 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.2.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.2.3 ID - Katayama2014 ER -