Volume 2, Issue 2, April 2014, Pages 100 - 107
Using Cryptographic Technique for Securing Route Discovery and Data Transmission from BlackHole Attack on AODV-based MANET
- Seryvuth Tan, Phearin Sok, Keecheon Kim
- Corresponding Author
- Keecheon Kim
Available Online 1 April 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.2.4How to use a DOI?
- MANET; AODV; BlackHole Attack; Cryptographic Technique
- MANET is a dynamic wireless network without any infrastructures. The network is weak and vulnerable to many types of attacks including BlackHole attack. BlackHole node advertises itself as having freshest or shortest path to a specific node to absorb packets. The effect of BlackHole attack on AODV will be addressed in this paper by using cryptography technique for securing route discovery and data transmission. Simulation results using NS2 depict the improvement of packet delivery ratio and network throughput in the presence of BlackHole nodes.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Seryvuth Tan AU - Phearin Sok AU - Keecheon Kim PY - 2014 DA - 2014/04 TI - Using Cryptographic Technique for Securing Route Discovery and Data Transmission from BlackHole Attack on AODV-based MANET JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 100 EP - 107 VL - 2 IS - 2 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.2.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.2.4 ID - Tan2014 ER -