Volume 2, Issue 4, November 2014, Pages 198 - 210
Fast Parallel Network Packet Filter System based on CUDA
- Che-Lun Hung, Shih-Wei Guo
- Corresponding Author
- Che-Lun Hung
Available Online 1 November 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.4.1How to use a DOI?
- Packet filtering; Packet classification; GPGPU; CUDA; Parallel Processing
- In recent years, with the rapid development of the network hardware and software, the network speed is enhanced to multi-gigabit. Network packet filtering is an important strategy of network security to avoid malicious attacks, and it is a computation-consuming application. Therefore, we develop two efficient GPGPU-based parallel packet classification approaches to filter packets by leveraging thousands of threads. The experiment results demonstrate that the computational efficiency of filtering packet can be significantly enhanced by using GPGPU.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Che-Lun Hung AU - Shih-Wei Guo PY - 2014 DA - 2014/11 TI - Fast Parallel Network Packet Filter System based on CUDA JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 198 EP - 210 VL - 2 IS - 4 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.4.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2014.2.4.1 ID - Hung2014 ER -