Volume 1, Issue 2, April 2013, Pages 79 - 88
Hybrid Approach to Ensure Data Confidentiality and Tampered Data Recovery for RFID Tag
- Biplob Rakshit Ray, Morshed Chowdhury, Jemal Abawajy
- Corresponding Author
- Biplob Rakshit Ray
Available Online 15 January 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2013.1.2.2How to use a DOI?
- RFID, Tag data confidentiality and integrity, Stenography, Tampered data recovery, Linkability resistance.
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is an emerging wireless object identification technology with many potential applications such as supply chain management, personnel tracking and healthcare. However, security vulnerabilities of the RFID system have been a serious concern for its wide adoption in many applications. Although there are lots of work to provide privacy and anonymity, little focus has been given to ensure confidentiality and integrity of RFID tag data. To this end, we propose a lightweight hybrid approach based on stenographic and watermarking to ensure data confidentiality, linkability resistance and integrity on the RFID tags data. The proposed technique is capable of tampered data recovering and restoring for RFID tag. It has been validated and tested on EPC class 1 gen2 tags.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Biplob Rakshit Ray AU - Morshed Chowdhury AU - Jemal Abawajy PY - 2013 DA - 2013/01 TI - Hybrid Approach to Ensure Data Confidentiality and Tampered Data Recovery for RFID Tag JO - International Journal of Networked and Distributed Computing SP - 79 EP - 88 VL - 1 IS - 2 SN - 2211-7946 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2013.1.2.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ijndc.2013.1.2.2 ID - Ray2013 ER -