Volume 13, Issue 1, March 2014, Pages 1 - 16
The gamma extended Weibull family of distributions
- Abraao D.C. Nascimento, Marcelo Bourguignon, Luz M. Zea, Manoel Santos-Neto, Rodrigo B. Silva, Gauss M. Cordeiro
- Corresponding Author
- Abraao D.C. Nascimento
Available Online 31 March 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.1.1How to use a DOI?
- Extended Weibull distributions; Hazard rate function; Maximum likelihood estimation; Moments; Stacy’s generalized gamma distribution
- We introduce a new family of distributions called the gamma extended Weibull family. The proposed family includes several well-known models as special cases and defines at least seventeen new special models. Structural properties of this family are studied. Additionally, the maximum likelihood method for estimating the model parameters is discussed. An application to real data illustrates the usefulness of the new family. The results provide evidence that the proposed family outperforms other classes of lifetime models.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Abraao D.C. Nascimento AU - Marcelo Bourguignon AU - Luz M. Zea AU - Manoel Santos-Neto AU - Rodrigo B. Silva AU - Gauss M. Cordeiro PY - 2014 DA - 2014/03 TI - The gamma extended Weibull family of distributions JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 1 EP - 16 VL - 13 IS - 1 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.1.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.1.1 ID - Nascimento2014 ER -