Volume 13, Issue 1, March 2014, Pages 27 - 37
Stochastic Comparisons of Residual Entropy of Order Statistics and Some Characterization Results
- Ramesh C. Gupta, H.C. Taneja, Richa Thapliyal
- Corresponding Author
- Ramesh C. Gupta
Available Online 31 March 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.1.3How to use a DOI?
- Order statistics, Residual entropy, Hazard rate, Past entropy, Stochastic comparisons, Characterization results
- In this paper, we have presented some results for the residual and past entropies of order statistics. Results on the stochastic comparisons based on residual entropy of order statistics are presented. Characterization results for these dynamic entropies based on the sufficient condition for the uniqueness of the solution of an initial value problem have been considered.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Ramesh C. Gupta AU - H.C. Taneja AU - Richa Thapliyal PY - 2014 DA - 2014/03 TI - Stochastic Comparisons of Residual Entropy of Order Statistics and Some Characterization Results JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 27 EP - 37 VL - 13 IS - 1 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.1.3 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.1.3 ID - Gupta2014 ER -