Volume 13, Issue 1, March 2014, Pages 65 - 82
McDonald log-logistic distribution with an application to breast cancer data
- M.H. Tahir, Muhammad Mansoor, Muhammad Zubair, G.G. Hamedani
- Corresponding Author
- M.H. Tahir
Available Online 31 March 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.1.6How to use a DOI?
- Log-logistic distribution; hazard function; reliability function, R´enyi entropy
- We introduce a five-parameter continuous model, called the McDonald log-logistic distribution, to extend the two-parameter log-logistic distribution. Some structural properties of this new distribution such as reliability measures and entropies are obtained. The model parameters are estimated by the method of maximum likelihood using L-BFGS-B algorithm. A useful characterization of the distribution is proposed which does not require explicit closed form of the cumulative distribution function and also connects the probability density function with a solution of a first order differential equation. An application of the new model to real data set shows that it can give consistently better fit than other important lifetime models.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - M.H. Tahir AU - Muhammad Mansoor AU - Muhammad Zubair AU - G.G. Hamedani PY - 2014 DA - 2014/03 TI - McDonald log-logistic distribution with an application to breast cancer data JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 65 EP - 82 VL - 13 IS - 1 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.1.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2014.13.1.6 ID - Tahir2014 ER -