Improved Randomized Response in Optional Scrambling Models
- Zawar Hussain*, Muhammad Imran ShahidDepartment of Statistics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan*Corresponding author. Email: email@example.com
- Corresponding Author
- Zawar Hussain
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.d.191112.001How to use a DOI?
- Randomized response, Percent relative efficiency, Optimum sample size, Optional randomized response model, Sensitive quantitative variable
In the present study, we discuss the issue of increasing the respondents cooperation in sensitive surveys. When the question is highly sensitive then the cooperation from the respondents is decreased. We propose two optional randomized response models (ORRMs) to increase the respondents cooperation. A comparison of proposed ORRMs with  two- and three-stage models have been made. It is found that, in estimating mean and sensitivity level, the proposed strategies perform better than  two- and three-stage models. A comparison is also made among the  two- and three-stage models and proposed ORRMs to identify the best one. Numerical illustration are also given in favor of the algebraic results.
- © 2019 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press SARL.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC 4.0 license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/).
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Zawar Hussain AU - Muhammad Imran Shahid PY - 2019 DA - 2019/11 TI - Improved Randomized Response in Optional Scrambling Models JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 351 EP - 360 VL - 18 IS - 4 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.d.191112.001 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.d.191112.001 ID - Hussain2019 ER -