Volume 14, Issue 3, August 2015, Pages 281 - 288
Approach of Reliability Approximation with Extent of Error for a Resistor under Weibull Setup
- Sadananda Nayak, Dilip Roy
- Corresponding Author
- Sadananda Nayak
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2015.14.3.5How to use a DOI?
- Stress-Strength Model, System Reliability, Weibull distribution, Reliability bound, Reliability approximation, Extent of error.
- Analytical determination of reliability of a complex system is item dependent and setup dependent and a very difficult task. In this paper we propose reliability approximation based on reliability bounds for one such engineering item - a Resistor with independent components having the Weibull distribution. Earlier approach for reliability approximation was discretization. We provide a different approach for reliability approximation so that one not only gets a clear idea about the extent of error but also can adjust reliability in terms of distributional parameters. This reliability approximation having the Weibull distribution can be of practical use and importance as reliability approximation is developed in terms of distributional parameters.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Sadananda Nayak AU - Dilip Roy PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - Approach of Reliability Approximation with Extent of Error for a Resistor under Weibull Setup JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 281 EP - 288 VL - 14 IS - 3 SN - 1538-7887 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2015.14.3.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2015.14.3.5 ID - Nayak2015/08 ER -