Volume 12, Issue 1, May 2013, Pages 83 - 91
On Some Predictive Ratio Type Estimators in Two Stage Sampling
- A.K.P.C. Swain, Sitanshu Shekhar Mishra, B.K. Pradhan
- Corresponding Author
- A.K.P.C. Swain
Available Online 1 May 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.1.7How to use a DOI?
- Two stage sampling, Predictive estimator, Ratio Estimator.
- Some predictive ratio type estimators in two stage sampling are derived following the model free predictive criterion proposed by Basu (1971) and these estimators are compared with the classical multistage ratio estimator and also with Smith’s (1969) multistage ratio estimator. A numerical illustration is provided to compare the efficiencies of different predictive estimators.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - A.K.P.C. Swain AU - Sitanshu Shekhar Mishra AU - B.K. Pradhan PY - 2013 DA - 2013/05 TI - On Some Predictive Ratio Type Estimators in Two Stage Sampling JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 83 EP - 91 VL - 12 IS - 1 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.1.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.1.7 ID - Swain2013 ER -