Volume 12, Issue 3, September 2013, Pages 266 - 287
Planning Accelerated Life Tests for Burr Type X Failure Model with Type I Censoring
- Nesar Ahmad, Sabiha Khan, M.G.M. Khan
- Corresponding Author
- Nesar Ahmad
Available Online 1 September 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.3.5How to use a DOI?
- Accelerated life testing, Burr type X distribution, Maximum likelihood estimation, Type I censoring, Optimization techniques
- In this paper, we discuss the optimal accelerated life test plans for Burr type X distribution with log-linear model under periodic inspection and Type I censoring. We obtain the maximum likelihood estimators, the Fisher information and the asymptotic covariance matrix of the maximum likelihood estimators. Accelerated life test is optimized with respect to the low test stress and the proportion of test units allocated to the low test stress for given shape parameter. The asymptotic variance of the maximum likelihood estimator of qth quantile at the design stress is derived as an optimality criterion with equally spaced inspection times and the optimal allocation of units for two stress levels are determined. Optimality results show that the asymptotic variance of qth quantile at the design stress is insensitive to the number of inspection times and to misspecifications of guessed failure probabilities at design and high test stresses. Procedures for planning an accelerated life test, including selection of sample size, have been discussed through an example.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - JOUR AU - Nesar Ahmad AU - Sabiha Khan AU - M.G.M. Khan PY - 2013 DA - 2013/09 TI - Planning Accelerated Life Tests for Burr Type X Failure Model with Type I Censoring JO - Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications SP - 266 EP - 287 VL - 12 IS - 3 SN - 2214-1766 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.3.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/jsta.2013.12.3.5 ID - Ahmad2013 ER -