A fast construction method for VLSI power and ground pin assignment
- Shundao Xie, Yaogan Liang, Rongjun Chen, Mushui Zhang, Hongzhou Tan
- Corresponding Author
- Shundao Xie
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.4How to use a DOI?
- signal integrity, pin assignment, prior knowledge, construction method
- In this paper, a fast pin assignment optimization method is proposed for improving signal integrity performance of VLSI package. This performance is evaluated by two cost function. Some other methods based on heuristic algorithm can find a good solution for pin assignment problem. Since the solution space is of high dimension, those algorithms require a large time consumption. The proposed pin assignment construction method is guided by the prior knowledge about the optimal solution of pin assignment. It generates a solution by directed construction. Experimental results show that the quality of solution produced by proposed method is better than that by heuristic algorithm and the time consumption is practically negligible.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shundao Xie AU - Yaogan Liang AU - Rongjun Chen AU - Mushui Zhang AU - Hongzhou Tan PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - A fast construction method for VLSI power and ground pin assignment BT - 2017 International Seminar on Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Information Technology (ANIT 2017) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.4 ID - Xie2017/12 ER -