Flow Graph Network Based Non-redundant Correlative Educational Rules Discovered
- Bo Liu, Changqin Huang, Xiuyu Lin
- Corresponding Author
- Bo Liu
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.5How to use a DOI?
- correlative rule, non-redundant rule, flow graph network
- A correlative rule expresses a relationship between two correlative events happening one after another. These rules are potentially useful for analyzing correlative data, ranging from purchase histories, web logs and program execution traces. In this work, we investigate and propose a syntactic characterization of a non-redundant set of correlative rules built upon past work on compact set of representative patterns. When using the set of mined rules as a composite filter, replacing a full set of rules with a non-redundant subset of the rules does not impact the accuracy of the filter. Lastly, we propose an algorithm to mine this compressed set of non-redundant rules. A performance study shows that the proposed algorithm significantly improves both the run-time and compactness of mined rules over mining a full set of sequential rules.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Bo Liu AU - Changqin Huang AU - Xiuyu Lin PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - Flow Graph Network Based Non-redundant Correlative Educational Rules Discovered BT - 2017 International Seminar on Artificial Intelligence, Networking and Information Technology (ANIT 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/anit-17.2018.5 ID - Liu2017/12 ER -