Methodological assumptions made in research into the benefits of ecosystem services in protected areas in the suburbs of Wroc aw, Poland
- Beata Raszka, Kalbarczyk Eliza
- Corresponding Author
- Beata Raszka
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.1How to use a DOI?
- ecosystem services, urban sprawl, protected areas
- This paper presents the methodological assumptions made in research into ecosystem services in communes near the city of Wroc aw which lie within the protected areas of landscape parks and are subject to suburbanization. These ecosystem services were categorized as follows: services to humans (pati), services to ecosystems (dare), prevention or inhibition of services (facere/non facere). The services were assessed using a transformation index (Wt), an urbanization rate (WU) and a preservation index (Wp). Spatial management in the communes was evaluated using the Overall Sustainable Development Indicator (OSDI). The findings of this research could serve as helpful guidance in the creation of ecosystem policies in areas subject to suburbanization.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Beata Raszka AU - Kalbarczyk Eliza PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Methodological assumptions made in research into the benefits of ecosystem services in protected areas in the suburbs of Wroc aw, Poland BT - 2013 International Conference on Advances in Social Science, Humanities, and Management (ASSHM-13) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.1 ID - Raszka2013/12 ER -