Study on the logistics industry agglomeration in China
- Yanchun Huang, Yanhui Han, Mei Han
- Corresponding Author
- Yanchun Huang
Available Online December 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.111How to use a DOI?
- Logistics Industry; Industrial Agglomera-tion; Location Quotient; Panel Data
- Logistics had become an important source of growth in China. Some part of this rapid logistics industrial development could be attributed to the industrial ag-glomeration in the country. This paper analyzed the developing environment and the current situation of the logistics industry, and calculated the location quo-tient of 21 national logistics nodes cities of China. The results show that regional logistics agglomeration level is rising. Then chose six factors as independent variable, the location quotient in terms of logistics industry as dependent variable, and did an analysis with Panel Data model for the purpose of determining the influencing factors. The GDP is nega-tively related to agglomeration degree, while the others such as the output value of secondary industry, the output value of Tertiary industry, Total Investment in Fixed Assets in Transport, Storage and Post, Number of Employed Persons in Transport, Storage and Post and Freight Ton-Kilometers are contrary.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yanchun Huang AU - Yanhui Han AU - Mei Han PY - 2013/12 DA - 2013/12 TI - Study on the logistics industry agglomeration in China BT - 2013 International Conference on Advances in Social Science, Humanities, and Management (ASSHM-13) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.111 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/asshm-13.2013.111 ID - Huang2013/12 ER -