Application of allograft bone transplantation in bone tumour surgery
- Rui Jiang, Ziyan Zhang, Han Wu, Chao Zhang
- Corresponding Author
- Rui Jiang
Available Online May 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/asssd-18.2018.38How to use a DOI?
- allograft bone; transplantation; rejection reaction; bone tumour
- Objective: To discuss the scope, effect, rejection reaction, etc. of applying allograft bone transplantation in bone tumour surgery. Method: 120 cases of allogeneic bone transplantation were used in bone tumour surgery from October 1983 to March 2003, including 102 cases of tumor curettage and cancellous allogenic bone transplantation; 12 cases of tumor curettage, allograft massive cortical bone and cancellous bone transplantation; 2 cases of bone tumor segmental resection and allograft femoral shaft transplantation; 3 cases of bone tumor segmental resection and hemiarthrosis transplantation and 1 case of tumor excision and massive allograft sacrum transplantation. Results: 2 of 120 cases had minor rejection reaction only, who were mostly manifested as post-operative incision exudation, exudation was stopped and the incision was healed three months later, incision, and other cases are healed by the first intention. Conclusion: allograft bone has wide application scope, excellent effect and rare rejection reaction in bone tumour surgery. It is important in bone defect fillers.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rui Jiang AU - Ziyan Zhang AU - Han Wu AU - Chao Zhang PY - 2018/05 DA - 2018/05 TI - Application of allograft bone transplantation in bone tumour surgery BT - 2018 International Conference on Advances in Social Sciences and Sustainable Development (ASSSD 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/asssd-18.2018.38 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/asssd-18.2018.38 ID - Jiang2018/05 ER -