A New Method to Identify Housekeeping Genes and Tissue Special Genes
- Jixian Rao, Wei Liu, Hongwei Xie
- Corresponding Author
- Jixian Rao
Available Online July 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.5How to use a DOI?
- : Housekeeping genes (HK genes), Tissue special genes (TS genes),SVM (support vector machine), Machine Learning.
- Despite thedetection methods of HK genes and TS genes were various, without the standard database, we could not judge which one was the best classifier. In this paper, we built a standard database of HK genes and TS genes, reviewed and evaluated the existed methods. By analyzing the features of HK genes and TS genes, we summarized 7 features: relative expression breadth (REB), signal to noise (S/N), tissue special index (TSI), Average, standard deviation (SD), Max/Average, dispersion measure (DPM). Based on the features, we used a new SVM (support vector machine) model to have identified more than 10000 HK genes and 6947 TS genes. It is the best classifier about HK genes and TS genes identification now.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jixian Rao AU - Wei Liu AU - Hongwei Xie PY - 2016/07 DA - 2016/07 TI - A New Method to Identify Housekeeping Genes and Tissue Special Genes BT - International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-16.2016.5 ID - Rao2016/07 ER -