Design and Development of Long Range Surface Plasmon Resonance Sensor Chip and System for High Sensitivity Detection
- Lu-lu ZHANG, Xing CHEN, Cun-fang XU, Yan-fei REN, Ya-ting LI, Da-fu CUI
- Corresponding Author
- Lu-lu ZHANG
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.45How to use a DOI?
- Surface plasmon resonance (SPR), Long range, Sensitivity, Biosensor.
- Long range surface plasmon resonance (LRSPR) was used to improve the propagation lengths, electric field strengths, and the sharpness of angular resonance curves compared with the conventional surface plasmon resonance (CSPR). LRSPR sensor chip was designed with buffer layer whose refractive indices in the vicinity of water. The resonance curves of the LRSPR and conventional SPR were compared under different parameters of multilayer structure by Winspall software. The theoretical calculation showed that the sensitivity of LRSPR method was higher than the conventional SPR. Homemade LRSPR sensor system was constructed with a red laser light source, a P-polarizer, a triangle glass prism, a long range sensor chip and a linear CCD detector. The performance of the LRSPR sensor were tested and compared. The results showed that the sensitivity of LRSPR chip was improved compared with the conventional SPR which was in accordance with the theoretical calculation. LRSPR showed a higher sensitivity and detection range so that it could be used as an excellent living cell sensing method for the real-time monitoring.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Lu-lu ZHANG AU - Xing CHEN AU - Cun-fang XU AU - Yan-fei REN AU - Ya-ting LI AU - Da-fu CUI PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Design and Development of Long Range Surface Plasmon Resonance Sensor Chip and System for High Sensitivity Detection BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.45 ID - ZHANG2017/05 ER -