Age Estimation Based on Skin Surface Images
- Xiang-qian HE, Ling-yu LI, Zheng JIANG, Hao LI
- Corresponding Author
- Xiang-qian HE
Available Online May 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.76How to use a DOI?
- Age estimation, Image analysis, Feature extraction, Skin surface changes.
- This paper presents a model of detection age which quantifies the appearance changes of human skin at different stages of aging without traditional skeleton. We provide a novel method to extract age-related primitive features from skin surface images obtained by a digital camera, including skin surface heterogeneity parameters of the standard deviation of gray (Std) and the information entropy (Entropy) of skin images, the skin surface texture variations parameters of the mean area of the grids (MA) and the number of intersections (NI). Skin surface images of 97 individuals have been analyzed by our image processing program. The results show that the four parameters were statistically correlated with age, indicating their potential for the routine evaluation of skin aging.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xiang-qian HE AU - Ling-yu LI AU - Zheng JIANG AU - Hao LI PY - 2017/05 DA - 2017/05 TI - Age Estimation Based on Skin Surface Images BT - 2nd International Conference on Biomedical and Biological Engineering 2017 (BBE 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.76 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bbe-17.2017.76 ID - HE2017/05 ER -