Effect of Carnosine on Physico-Chemical and Antioxidant Activity Properties of FSG-CaCO3 Composite Films
- Li-Hui Wang, Le Zhang, An-Jun Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Li-Hui Wang
Available Online January 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.7How to use a DOI?
- Carnosine, FSG, CaCO3, Composite film, Antioxidant.
- For the sake of developing fish skin gelatin and CaCO3 composite films with antioxidant activity, different concentration of carnosine was added to it. In addition, the mechanical properties, optical properties, surface topography, anti-microbial activity, antioxidant activity and preservation effect of carnosine-FSG-CaCO3 were also investigated and analyzed. The results indicated that the incorporation of carnosine caused interactions between gelatin and ingredients in carnosine, and the films showed increased thickness and elongation. After the accretion of carnosine, the films showed darker appearance, and decreased tensile strength, water solubility and water vapor permeability. Meanwhile, the inhibition to food oxidation and preservation effect enhanced, and the surfaces became rougher by AFM with the increase of concentration of carnosine. In summary, carnosine-FSG-CaCO3 composite films incorporated with carnosine presented application capacity in food packing and preservation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Li-Hui Wang AU - Le Zhang AU - An-Jun Liu PY - 2016/01 DA - 2016/01 TI - Effect of Carnosine on Physico-Chemical and Antioxidant Activity Properties of FSG-CaCO3 Composite Films BT - The International Conference on Biological Sciences and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.7 ID - Wang2016/01 ER -