The Expressions of HIF-1α, CA153, CEA and CA125 in Breast Cancer and Significance with Chemotherapy
- Shou-Shui Yu, Feng-Liang Xu, Qiang Yin, Gang-Ping Wang, Shi-Cai Hou, Min Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Shou-Shui Yu
Available Online January 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.25How to use a DOI?
- Breast cancer, HIF 1α, Biomarker, Prognosis, Immunohistochemical.
- Biomarker in tissue and serum plays significant roles in patient management and treatment and can be used as prognostic factors. For the diagnosis, treatment, prognosis study of breast cancer, we examined the expressions of Hypoxia inducible factor 1α (HIF-1α) in 128 cases mammary carcinoma tissues, and 43 cases serum levels of Cancer antigens153 (CA153), Cancer antigens125 (CA125) and CEA before and after neoadjuvant chemotherapy and analyze their relationship with clinicopathological factors such as metastasis, recurrence and chemotherapy. Our results demonstrated that the positive rates of HIF-1α were 68.75%, which were higher than that in DCIS, ADH, UDH (P<0.01, respectively). There was posive correlation in over-expression of HIF-1α with the level of ER or PR, histological grade, lymph node metastasis and distant metastasis of carcinomas (P<0.01, respectively), and the expressions of HIF-1α were not related with age ( 50 yr vs 50yr) and size of tumor ( 5cm vs >5cm) (P>0.05). Before and after therapy, the expression of HIF-1 had decreased significantly (P<0.05). The chemosensitivity of HIF-1 , CA153, and CEA positive group were worse than those of nagetive groups (P<0.05), however, there was no significant difference of chemosensitivity of CA125 before and after neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Biomarkers such as HIF-1 can be used as prognostic predictors in many malignancy and CA153 and CEA can be used as followed up potential factors of breast cancer chemosensitivity to help following up undergoing individualized chemotherapy.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shou-Shui Yu AU - Feng-Liang Xu AU - Qiang Yin AU - Gang-Ping Wang AU - Shi-Cai Hou AU - Min Liu PY - 2016/01 DA - 2016/01 TI - The Expressions of HIF-1α, CA153, CEA and CA125 in Breast Cancer and Significance with Chemotherapy BT - The International Conference on Biological Sciences and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.25 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.25 ID - Yu2016/01 ER -