Surface Modification of Fe3O4 Nanoparticles for the Preparation of Magnetic Responsive Hydrogels
- Peng-Hui Wang, Hai-Liang Dong, Shu-Yu Zhu, Zhong-Li Niu, Xiao-Ting Zhang, Bin Sun, Mei-Fang Zhu, Xiao-Ze Jiang
- Corresponding Author
- Peng-Hui Wang
Available Online January 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.45How to use a DOI?
- Fe3O4, Surface modification, Aqueous stability, Polymerizable functionality.
- A novel approach was developed to synthesize polymerizable vinyl group functionalized Fe3O4 nanoparticles with high aqueous dispersion stability. Firstly, the Fe3O4 nanoparticles were synthesized via chemical co-precipitation method. Then, azide-functional Fe3O4 nanoparticles were obtained by a two-step chemical modification process. Finally, a quaternized 2-(Dimethylamino) ethyl methacrylate (QDMA) with alkyne moiety were directly reacted with azide-functional Fe3O4 nanoparticles to obtain Fe3O4@QDMA nanoparticles. The Fe3O4@QDMA nanoparticles with a mean diameter 12.2 nm possess positive charges and can be well dispersed in water media for further preparation of particle-crosslinked magnetic nanocomposite hydrogels.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Peng-Hui Wang AU - Hai-Liang Dong AU - Shu-Yu Zhu AU - Zhong-Li Niu AU - Xiao-Ting Zhang AU - Bin Sun AU - Mei-Fang Zhu AU - Xiao-Ze Jiang PY - 2016/01 DA - 2016/01 TI - Surface Modification of Fe3O4 Nanoparticles for the Preparation of Magnetic Responsive Hydrogels BT - The International Conference on Biological Sciences and Technology PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2468-5747 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/bst-16.2016.45 ID - Wang2016/01 ER -