Isolation of a Arthrobacter sp. T11 that Degrades Cyanobacterial Hepatotoxin Microcystin from the Sediment of a Shallow Hypertrophic Lake
- Qu Jiangqi, Zhang Qingjing, Zhang Mo, Xin Zhiming, Li Hongwei, Zhang Nan
- Corresponding Author
- Qu Jiangqi
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.14How to use a DOI?
- degradation; microcystin; arthrobacter sp.; hypertrophic lake.
- In present study, we are intrested in establishing a biological removal method by microorganism against the cyanobacterial hepatotoxin microcystion. A native microcystin-degrading bacterium was isolated from a shallow hypertrophic lake, and the biodegradation effect was detected by the LC-MS method. The 16S rDNA gene sequence analysis result indicated that the isolated strain T11 was belonged to the genus Arthrobacter sp., with a highest sequence similarity (98%) with Arthrobacter sp. C6 strain. LC-MS result showed that the Arthrobacter sp. T11 was able to effectively degrade, at a highest concentration of MC (MC-LR ~ 15 g·L-1; MC-RR ~ 20 g·L-1) in batch experiments using sterilized lake water conditions, with complete removal observed within 10 days.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qu Jiangqi AU - Zhang Qingjing AU - Zhang Mo AU - Xin Zhiming AU - Li Hongwei AU - Zhang Nan PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - Isolation of a Arthrobacter sp. T11 that Degrades Cyanobacterial Hepatotoxin Microcystin from the Sediment of a Shallow Hypertrophic Lake BT - 2015 AASRI International Conference on Circuits and Systems (CAS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.14 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.14 ID - Jiangqi2015/08 ER -