Characteristic and Relevant Factors Analysis of Lightning Disaster in Hainan Island
- Gao Yi, Zhou Fangcong, Wei Changxiong
- Corresponding Author
- Gao Yi
Available Online August 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.33How to use a DOI?
- lightning disaster; spatial and temporal characteristic; lightning casualty; lightning damage.
- Characteristics of lightning disaster in Hainan Island from 1999 to 2011 are analyzed by using nationwide lightning disaster data, thunderstorm data, lightning location data, and statistical yearbook of Hainan Province. The results show that 727 lightning disaster accidents are reported, which result in 405 casualties including 157 deaths and 248 injuries. Lightning casualty ratio is 1.58:1. The lightning disasters of Hainan Island mainly occur between 1:00pm and 6:00pm from April to September, which is in accord with lightning activity of Hainan Island. Haikou and Qiongzhong report the most lightning disaster accidents. Lightning disaster with casualty usually occur in field, simple shed, rural residential, water area and under the tree in sequence. Lightning disaster with damages occur most frequently in the power, petrochemical industries and three others, which account for 22.2% of the lightning disaster with damage. The hotel accounted for the largest proportion (34.7%) of the direct economic losses caused by lightning disaster. Lightning disasters with casualty and damage have no significant correlation with thunderstorm day, but lightning disasters with casualty and damage are positively correlated with life fragile module and economic vulnerability module.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Gao Yi AU - Zhou Fangcong AU - Wei Changxiong PY - 2015/08 DA - 2015/08 TI - Characteristic and Relevant Factors Analysis of Lightning Disaster in Hainan Island BT - 2015 AASRI International Conference on Circuits and Systems (CAS 2015) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-538X UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.33 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cas-15.2015.33 ID - Yi2015/08 ER -