Dispatching Rules with Cycle Time Prediction for Semiconductor Manufactury
- Yin-Dong Wei, Qi-Di Wu, Li Li
- Corresponding Author
- Yin-Dong Wei
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.2How to use a DOI?
- remaining cycle time prediction;semiconductor manufacturing system; scheduling
- Semiconductor manufacturing system is considered as one of the most complex manufacturing systems, due to its characteristics like multiple-entry and large-scale. As for scheduling a job, its remaining cycle time is an important factor to the decision, but current researches seldom study the influence of a job's remaining cycle time on the performance of the system. Therefore, in this paper a novel scheduling strategy with remaining cycle time prediction is proposed. The method has two steps. First, we use the product line data to establish the remaining cycle time prediction model. Second, when scheduling the job in bottleneck equipment, we use the model to predict the remaining cycle time for scheduling decision. Several online simulations show that the new strategy has improved by 8% in On-time delivery rate (abbreviated as MOV). Meanwhile, the performance of movement of the jobs (abbreviated as MOV) in one day is almost the same as the rule without remaining cycle time prediction.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yin-Dong Wei AU - Qi-Di Wu AU - Li Li PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Dispatching Rules with Cycle Time Prediction for Semiconductor Manufactury BT - 2016 International Conference on Computer Engineering and Information Systems PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.2 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.2 ID - Wei2016/11 ER -