Research on the Fast Display of Web-based Nautical Chart System
- Yuan-Qiang Zhang, Guo-You Shi, Wei-Feng Li
- Corresponding Author
- Yuan-Qiang Zhang
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.9How to use a DOI?
- electronic nautical chart; B/S mode; tiered storage; asynchronous transmission
- With ship size and capacity continuing to increase, the safety of ship navigation has become increasingly challenging. Port authorities and shipping companies urgently require quick and easy, real-time, vessel navigational monitoring. Cheap and easy-to-use web based electronic chart application services are increasingly finding favour with companies and port authorities, but many do not conform to the IHO S52 display standard. The purpose of this paper is to propose a solution to these problems . The proposed solution is based on image tile mosaic techniques. Practice has proven that the storage and display technology can work both swiftly and efficiently.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yuan-Qiang Zhang AU - Guo-You Shi AU - Wei-Feng Li PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Research on the Fast Display of Web-based Nautical Chart System BT - 2016 International Conference on Computer Engineering and Information Systems PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.9 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.9 ID - Zhang2016/11 ER -