Interactive Visual Simulation of Satellite-borne Lidar Echo Scenes
- Zhang-Ye Wang, He-Ming Zhu, Jia-Wang Zhao, Wei-Bo Liao, Xiao-Yang Zhao
- Corresponding Author
- Zhang-Ye Wang
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.41How to use a DOI?
- interactive visual simulation; satellite-borne lidar echo; waveform simulation; realistic scenes; parameter inversion
- Satellite-borne Lidar is widely used for both atmospheric observation and terrestrial scene observation. However, in the existing Satellite-borne Lidar simulation system, it is hard for the users to simulate the Satellite-borne Lidar over different photorealistic scene interactively. In this paper, we implement a simulation system of Satellite-borne Lidar echo with realistic scenes: First, a theoretical model is constructed based on the principle of Satellite-borne Lidar. Then, a set of realistic urban scenes as well as a serial of field scenes are built and the waveform simulation of Satellite-borne Lidar over the photorealistic scene is implemented. Thirdly the relevant parameters of the forestall scene together with the urban scene is inverted from the waveform acquired from the Satellite-borne Lidar. Also, a photorealistic scene of a specific area is built and the comparison between our simulation result and the echo of Satellite-borne Lidar in such area is taken. The experiment confirms the accuracy of our system on simulation of Satellite-borne Lidar echo scenes. Our system provides an efficient and convenient approach to the design and the application of Satellite-borne Lidar.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhang-Ye Wang AU - He-Ming Zhu AU - Jia-Wang Zhao AU - Wei-Bo Liao AU - Xiao-Yang Zhao PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Interactive Visual Simulation of Satellite-borne Lidar Echo Scenes BT - 2016 International Conference on Computer Engineering and Information Systems PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.41 ID - Wang2016/11 ER -