A New Interpolation-Based Super-Resolution Algorithm by the Cubic Spline Interpolation for Edge Pixels and Iterative Update Method
- Chun-Jiang Duanmu, Di Zhao
- Corresponding Author
- Chun-Jiang Duanmu
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.56How to use a DOI?
- image processing; super-resolution; interpolation-based super-resolution
- Since the interpolation-based image super-resolution algorithms can be executed very fast, it is the research focus of this paper. However, in the traditional interpolation-based super-resolution algorithms, the image edges are usually blurred and the quality of the reconstructed image is not satisfied. For this reason, this paper proposes a new interpolation algorithm. It first extracts the edge pixels by using the Prewitt operator. Then, the edge pixels are interpolated along the edge direction by cubic spline interpolation, so that there is little image edge blurs. After this, a recursive update process is applied to the high-resolution image to boost the system performance, until the degraded high-resolution image is very similar to the low-resolution image. Simulation results show that the proposed algorithm performs much better than the traditional interpolation-based algorithms.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Chun-Jiang Duanmu AU - Di Zhao PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - A New Interpolation-Based Super-Resolution Algorithm by the Cubic Spline Interpolation for Edge Pixels and Iterative Update Method BT - 2016 International Conference on Computer Engineering and Information Systems PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.56 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.56 ID - Duanmu2016/11 ER -