Coverage-enhancing Algorithm Based on Priority in WMSN
- Zhe-Yuan Xiong, Luo-Na Nie, Jiang-Shan Zhang, Xiao-Min Xiong
- Corresponding Author
- Zhe-Yuan Xiong
Available Online November 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.57How to use a DOI?
- Coverage enhancement; network lifetime; priority; wireless multimedia sensor networks
- Coverage area and network lifetime are major problems in wireless multimedia sensor networks (WMSN). In order to optimize the network coverage and maximize the network's lifetime, we propose a coverage-enhancing algorithm based on sensors' priority. To increase the lifetime of the network, the density of distributed sensors could be such that a subset of sensors can cover the required air space. The sensors are prioritized based on their visual and Communicative properties and the selection is performed according to the prioritizing function. Simulation results show that the proposed algorithm achieves more effective enhancement on network coverage compared to the existing algorithm.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhe-Yuan Xiong AU - Luo-Na Nie AU - Jiang-Shan Zhang AU - Xiao-Min Xiong PY - 2016/11 DA - 2016/11 TI - Coverage-enhancing Algorithm Based on Priority in WMSN BT - 2016 International Conference on Computer Engineering and Information Systems PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.57 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/ceis-16.2016.57 ID - Xiong2016/11 ER -