IROTS: A Proposed COTS Evaluation & Selection Methodology for Component Based Software Engineering in Under-Development Countries
- M. Shakeel Faridi, Zahig Javed, M. Haris Abid, Ahmed Mudassar, Asri Bin Ngadi
- Corresponding Author
- M. Shakeel Faridi
Available Online July 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.6How to use a DOI?
- Component Based Software Engineering, Idealize Recommendation Off-The-Shelf (IROTS), COTS evaluation and selection, ISO/IEC 25010
- Component Based Software Engineering (CBSE) methodology deals with software systems by evaluation and selection of appropriate components. CBSE offers software developers a compact software development life cycle, reduce development times, cost effective and less strenuous efforts. In under development countries (UDCs) most of the IT developers are unaware about the COTS evaluation and selection methodology for component-based software engineering. The objective of this research work is to facilitate the IT Professionals for the selection of the best COTS component on the basis of software quality model ISO/IEC 25010. The proposed Idealize Recommendation Off-The-Shelf (IROTS) method will facilitate the IT developers for selection of COTS components on basis of software quality model ISO/IEC 25010. This optimized components evaluation and selection technique that brings the best software in market which will fulfill the stakeholders' requirements.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - M. Shakeel Faridi AU - Zahig Javed AU - M. Haris Abid AU - Ahmed Mudassar AU - Asri Bin Ngadi PY - 2013/07 DA - 2013/07 TI - IROTS: A Proposed COTS Evaluation & Selection Methodology for Component Based Software Engineering in Under-Development Countries BT - 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE 2013) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.6 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.6 ID - ShakeelFaridi2013/07 ER -