Analysis of the Selected Aspects of a Crash between Two Vehicles
- Kisilowski Jerzy, Zalewski Jaroslaw
- Corresponding Author
- Kisilowski Jerzy
Available Online July 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.23How to use a DOI?
- road collision analysis, simulation, car crash
- In the article a computer simulation of vehicle collision was prepared using the PC-Crash 8.0 software. The results of this simulation were compared to analytical calculations by Routh method with the use of the coefficient of restitution for deformations or velocities. The equations of motion during the crash were formulated in reference to the senses of the vectors. The use mesh based model of a crash was considered, for the stiffness of car bodies in both models was not known.Analysis concerning the chosen aspects of the consequences of car crash was run, mainly due to the assumption of the roughness of vehicle bodies. The coefficient of restitution for the tangential direction was considered in order to make the crash model more realistic.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kisilowski Jerzy AU - Zalewski Jaroslaw PY - 2013/07 DA - 2013/07 TI - Analysis of the Selected Aspects of a Crash between Two Vehicles BT - 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computer Science and Engineering (CSE 2013) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.23 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/cse.2013.23 ID - Jerzy2013/07 ER -